Travel Package without Accommodation
Essential Akureyri & Northern Lights Offer is a tour package designed for those that want to book accommodation on their own.
Book the Lake Mývatn Classic tour and the Northern Lights tour in one Travel Package! Save more then 15%! Included is the two top selling tours from Akureyri on the best price possible. The tours are operated in comfortable mini busses with maximum of 19 passengers per departure, and all operated by us at Saga Travel Geo Iceland.
The following tours are included in the package price, read more about the tours by following the links:
Northern Lights Akureyri – Tour starts 21:30, pickup starts 30 minutes prior – duration is 2,5-3 hours and return around 1:00
Lake Mývatn Classic – Tour starts 9:00, pickup starts 15 minutes prior – duration is 8-9 hours and return around 17:00
If you have no Northern Lights on your arrival day Northern Lights tour you will receive a complimentary retry tour.
The arrangement of tours is not fixed, if you prefer another itinerary please contact our sales team for options, you can for example add tours and add days to your visit. We reserve the right to rearrange the departure days of the tour.
Our first stop during the day is only 30 minutes drive from Akureyri
Northern lights hunt
One of the most beautiful place in Iceland. Full of beauty and contrasts.
Lake Mývatn Tours
Mývatn is based on the tectonic rift between Eurasian and N.American plates
Optional is to relax in the Geothermal Nature Baths
How it works
- Select your date of arrival in the booking widget below and add your extra activities. (NOTE that you need to stay overnight in Akureyri to have time for the two included tours.
- Fill out information, and answer the following questions:
- When is your departure date from Akureyri?
Our sales team will fit the tours together according to your time schedule so you will get the best out of your holiday.
19.900 ISK per person
Day Tour Akureyri
- Small Group Guarantee
- Godafoss Waterfall
- Skutustadagigar Pseudo Craters
- Dimmuborgir Lava Formations
- The Rift Between the Eurasian & American Continents
- Mt. Namafjall – Hverir mud pools
- Game of Thrones filming locations by Lake Myvatn
- Myvatn Nature Baths (Entry fee NOT included)
- Dark Icelandic Winter Night
- Northern Lights Hunting
August 25th - April 14th
From 1+ Day
Fully guided tour, Lake Mývatn Classic with Pickup
Fully guided tour, Northern Lights Akureyri with Pickup
Accommodation in Akureyri is NOT included
Transport from Airport to Accommodation (and return) is NOT included, but can be added as extra
Fee for Nature Baths is NOT included
- Accommodation is not included in the price
- Reservation is necessary
- During tour we break for refreshments at a local restaurant or café
- Due to weather or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancel the tour
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and beyond our control. They are visible in Iceland from September through April but visibility is subject to Northern Lights activity and cloud coverage
- We cannot guarantee sightings even if the Northern Lights tour is operated
- If the Northern Lights tour is cancelled on all evening of your stay you will receive a refund of the Northern Lights Tour, not the whole package
Free pick-up at Akureyri hotels, guesthouses, airport & port
We recommend you bring