Explore the Glacier from Inside Out!
Into the Glacier Ice Cave Tour from Klaki Base Camp is truly a unique experience. You will get the opportunity of a life time to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness; Iceland’s second largest glacier – from the inside! Never before the Langjökull Glacier ice tunnels, has anyone been able to see the beautiful blue ice at the heart of an ice cap glacier. The tour is operated with a specially modified snow truck on the glacier, and you get the change explore the glacier environment, enjoy a view out of this world and go INTO the glacier to experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside! An experienced guide will lead the way the whole time to make sure everyone is enjoying themselves to the fullest. It’s time to take ice cap glacier exploration to a whole new level. Dive in. Welcome on board! Book Your Into The Glacier Adventure now.
19.500 ISK per person
- Langjökull Glacier
- Spectacular Highland View
- Driving in a Special Glacier Vehicle
Several departures per day
2,5 - 4 Hours
Tour in a specially modified glacier vehicle on Langjokull glacier. Departure from either Husafell or Klaki base camp by the glacier’s edge
Entrance and English speaking guidance in the ice cave and tunnels
Free WiFi in glacier vehicles
- Tour starts from Húsafell Center in winter time (16th of October-31st of May) and in summer time (1st of June-15th of October) at Klaki base camp by Langjokull glacier’s edge
- During winter, Please use road 1 towards Borgarnes and road 50 and 518 to Húsafell.
- Please note that road 550 is CLOSED from October to June.
- Specially modified glacier vehicles take you up to the ice tunnels and back, about 30 min. each way during summer and 60 min. during winter.
- The tour is around 4 hours during winter and 2,5 hours during summer.
- Please note that the duration of the tour may be longer than scheduled, due to conditions on the glacier
We recommend you bring
MANDATORY: WARM CLOTHING – even in summer, don´t forget it’s a glacier!
- Recommended clothing and equipment:
- Waterproof shoes and warm socks. Because cold toes just take away all the fun!
- Base and mid layer clothing
- Waterproof and warm coat
- Hat & gloves – easy to take off.
- Sunglasses – sun on the glacier shines very bright when it shines…
- Camera – for those indescribable moments