From Akureyri, Húsavík or Reykjavik (w/flight)
Private Lake Mývatn Classic Tour is an exclusive way to experience this “must see” area. You control the pace and focus according to your interests and you have complete access to your private guide.
The tour starts with a stop by the beautiful Goðafoss Waterfall, that plays an important role in the Icelandic history, particularly in connection with the introduction of Christianity. From there we take amazing journey through areas of extreme contrasts, bird life, flora, lava fields, geothermal activity, geology and saga. Not to mention that we both see and cross the Rift Between the Eurasian & American Continents. The Lake Mývatn area is by many considered the most beautiful and at the same time the most catastrophic place in Iceland. In summertime we are able to visit the Mt. Krafla volcano area and Víti explosion crater but in winter time this visit depends on weather and road conditions.
Lake Mývatn during autumn sunset
The heat is up at Hverir by Lake Mývatn. Hot springs, bubbling mud pools and steam.
Lava formations in Dimmuborgir by Lake Mývatn
Hverir by Lake Mývatn
We take an easy and beautiful walk into the Dimmuborgir Lava Field
Private Tour Information
- Select your starting point when finalizing your booking
- Price of all private tours is for a vehicle and a guide
- The vehicles offered are for up to 19 passengers. If you are traveling with a group of 20 persons or more, you can contact our sales team for a quote. Email email@example.com or telephone +354 558-8888
8.415 ISK per person
- Goðafoss Waterfall
- Skútustaðagígar Pseudo Craters
- Dimmuborgir Lava Formations
- The Rift Between the Eurasian & American Continents
- Mt. Námafjall
- Mývatn Nature Baths (Available as Extra)
Upon your request
09:00 or upon request
Fully guided private tour with a local expert
Transport in Comfort Vehicle
Fee for the Mývatn Nature Baths is NOT included
- Reservation is necessary
- During the tour we break for refreshments at a local restaurant or café
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour
Vehicle information: Comfort Vehicle is a Mercedes Benz V-Class, Toyota Land Cruiser or similar for 1-4 Passengers. Super Jeep is a Land Cruiser on at least 38″ tires or similar.
We recommend you bring
- Good walking shoes
- Warm clothing in winter time
- Water bottle