Fast Paced and Personal Whale Safari
Express Whales on RIB Boat from Akureyri offers thrills and fins
Join the 2 Hour Express Whales on RIB Boat from Akureyri, operated by Whale Watching Akureyri. The tour starts from the floating pier at Hof Cultural Centre in Akureyri. Experience and get close to the incredible humpback whales of the Eyjafjord, starting from the capital of North Iceland, Akureyri town. With only 12 passengers on each boat we can guarantee an adventure of a lifetime on an intimate whale watching tour. Our specially made RIB boats allow you to get closer to the whales and wildlife than any other boat can offer. The RIBs are fast and small boats that will also get you quicker to the whales and cover a bigger area as we search for the wild life. This means a bigger chance of spotting whales, dolphins and bird life with out disturbing them in their natural habitat.
If you have a passion for nature and love for adventure, this is the tour for you.
21.980 ISK per person
Day Tour Akureyri
- Fast and powerful RIB Boats
- Panoramic Eyjafjörður Fjord view
- Whales in their natural environment
- Arctic coastal wildlife
April 15th - October 31st
Multiple departures daily, depending on season
Fully guided RIB boat tour
Safety coveralls, life vests and goggles
- This tour may not be suitable for pregnant women
- This tour may not be suitable for those with history of back problems or back injury
- This tour may not be suitable for those over the age of 65 years
- Age limit: 10 Years or 145 cm height
- Only 12 person per boat with private guide and specially trained RIB boat captain.
- Starts from downtown Akureyri, right next to the Hof Cultural Centre.
- “Whale Guarantee”, If we are unlucky and don’t see whales or dolphins on the tour, you can try again for free on the classic tour.
We recommend you bring
Dress warmly for our northern ocean, so if you have it, bring warm outdoor clothing like a wool or fleece sweater, some warm headgear and gloves. Sturdy shoes are recommended.