Skógafoss Waterfall, Reynisfjara Beach and view towards the Sólheimajökull Glacier are among the highlights, but the day is full of endless nature wonders that we enjoy driving by or walk around in. We visit the village of Vík which by many is considered one of Iceland’s most beautiful location, right by the southernmost point of the island and facing the Atlantic.
This is a genuine relaxing sightseeing day spent basking in Iceland’s picturesque nature. The day provides endless photo opportunities where black sand deserts, terrific cliffs, farms, and small villages will capture your eye. We arrive back in Reykjavík early in the evening.
The tour guides are local experts that know the area like the back of their hands and are storytellers at heart. Being a small group guarantee tour we can assure you that the tour guide has time for all the questions from each participant.
The tour starts by driving towards the south coast of Iceland. The guide will inform you of the geology, history and nature of the area on the way, and answer all your questions, to his best knowledge. The first stop is at Hveragerði Village where you will have a change to get some snacks for the road. After about 2 hours drive we stop at Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, a picturesque waterfall with a path behind it. The path is usually open in summer, but often closed in winter due to icing. A short distance from Seljalandsfoss we will find Skógafoss Waterfall, a very popular destination in the south.
Among other attractions visited in the day is Sólheimajökull Glacier, Vík Village and Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach. We will enjoy a lunch break in either of these locations. The Glaciers and mountains surrounding the black beaches in the Vik area provide stunning views and unforgettable photo opportunities. The tour ends with a relaxing drive back to Reykjavik.
You can pay upon arrival on our day tours, but we might not have a seat available. If you book online and pay the deposit of 20% we will secure a seat for you. You then pay the remainder of the cost upon arrival. Either with the guide or at the departure point.← Frequently Asked Questions
We charge a 20% deposit on our website for securing a seat on our tours. The remainder of the cost (80%) is then charged upon arrival. You can pay with cash or card upon arrival. We accept all major cards and currencies. The deposit is non refundable, but can be forwarded to a new booking (either a new tour or a new date of departure). The reason we do not refund the deposit is that costs for the booking have already been created, we have credit card fees, online advertising costs and service desk employees.← Frequently Asked Questions
The tours from port are customized around cruise time frame so if your cruise docks late your guide will wait for you and the guide will also make sure to bring you back to the cruise in time.← Frequently Asked Questions
The guide will be waiting for you at the port with a Saga Travel GeoIceland sign.← Frequently Asked Questions
If you booked a tour from port, your tour is customized only for cruise ship passengers so your guide will wait for you.← Frequently Asked Questions
You will receive a full refund if your cruise cannot dock.← Frequently Asked Questions
If we cancel the tour, you will receive an email and offered to reschedule. If rescheduling does not work out, we refund the booking.← Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, please bring your ticket, you can either have it on your phone/tablet or print it out. Make sure the QR barcode is visible and readable.← Frequently Asked Questions
No worries! Our tours that depart from the harbor are scheduled for cruise ship passengers only and customized to the according time frame given. We guarantee that the tour arrives back before the ship departure from dock. See our specially organized Cruise Ship tours here.← Frequently Asked Questions
Free WiFi on board
Fully guided tour
Transport by comfortable mini bus
Pickup at the port
Cruise Ship Return Guarantee
Meeting point: At Reykjavik Port